What makes Elsie Green special is our people. We've got a few former corporate executives, a floral designer, a former interior designer, and a vintage collector. But we're all shopkeepers at heart, manning the packing table, giving our signature brand of extraordinarily personal service in the shop, traveling the French countryside looking for pretty things, and playing with the merchandise all day.
Meet JP, our CFO and Co-Founder. He is a fan of vintage flatware and copper, and loves to work on creating custom furniture pieces. In his spare time, he loves to golf, spend time with his family, and do any and all activities outdoors. Read on to get to know him better and stop by the Concord shop to say hi.
What is your favorite Elsie Green memory?
I especially loved the few months before Elsie Green launched when my wife, Laurie, and I were deep in the planning stages. We worked together to create every aspect of our company, and complemented each other so well. One of the best things about my wife is how well we work as a team.
What's your favorite movie of all time?
One of my favorite things is watching movies at home with Laurie and our kids. Some favorites include: The Sting, A River Runs Through It, Trouble With the Curve, The Blind Side, Notting Hill, and You've Got Mail.
What's your favorite place in the world?
My family has a beach house on the Puget Sound in Olympia, Washington that we visit every summer. My three kids grew up boating, swimming, and playing on that beach, and we have so many memories there. Sitting on the deck overlooking Mt. Rainier is the best spot in the world.
What's the next destination on your travel list?
I am looking forward to getting back to France. There's nothing better than getting our product right from the source, and having several croissants along the way.
What's your favorite Elsie Green product?
I have a particular affinity for vintage flatware and copper. There's something special about them, and I can't quite put my finger on it.
What's your go-to recipe?
Anything on the barbecue. My kids love cheeseburgers and grilled shrimp, so that's definitely my go-to.
What's your favorite part about coming to work at Elsie Green every day?
The people. We might be biased, but we think we've built the very best team. It's a special bonus that I get to go to work every day with my wife and daughters.
JP's Top 10 Essentials
- Nespresso Machine - Our family just upgraded our old espresso machine to this one, and it's the most-used item in our house.
- Eddie Bauer T-Shirt - I met my wife working at Eddie Bauer, so I have always remained loyal to them. I wear these T-Shirts nearly every day.
- Electric Salt and Pepper Grinders - I'm pretty sure my son Jack found these on TikTok, and I have used them every day since.
- Staub Cast Iron Pan - My wife got me one of these pans with a glass lid, and it has changed the game for my morning eggs.
- North Face Backpack - I bring this backpack from REI with me to the shop every day. It holds everything I need, and most of my daughters' stuff too.
- Cutter & Buck Polo - This is my favorite place to get my golf shirts. I feel like they might even improve my swing.
- eBags Suitcase - Our entire family has one of these eBags suitcase. They're perfect for lugging up all the tiny staircases in French hotels.
- Reading Glasses - My daughters always tease me for buying my glasses in bulk, but I leave them lying around the shop too often to invest in glasses. We even have a petite crock in our house for my collection.
- Eddie Bauer Shorts - I am a shorts year-round kind of guy, and these are my favorites.
- Eddie Bauer Polar Fleece - These are my favorite for chilly days in the Elsie warehouse.
JP's chosen non-profit is the South Puget Sound Salmon Enhancement Group. Read about our partnership with Pledge, an organization that allows us to donate a portion of each sale to ten causes, each one chosen by one of our team members. >