What makes Elsie Green special is our people. We've got a few former corporate executives, a floral designer, a former interior designer, a vintage collector, a teacher and a high school senior. But we're all shopkeepers at heart, manning the packing table, giving our signature brand of extraordinarily personal service in the shop, traveling the French countryside looking for pretty things, and playing with the merchandise all day.
Meet Michele, our Operations Manager who keeps the packing table humming, helps with design projects, and lends her impeccable taste to displays in the shop. Michele always has a book recommendation ready, and shares the Elsie Green team's quirky taste in music.
What is your favorite way to spend your free time?
Hiking with my 4 best girlfriends and dog Rocco or reading a book at the beach while my kids swim & surf
What are you reading at the moment?
What is your all time favorite movie?
I love all of The Bourne Supremacy movies (especially the first). I'm a sucker for a good romance with a historical theme like Pride & Prejudice and The Boxer. I also love all of Taika Waititi's movies like Boy and Jojo Rabbit.
How about your favorite TV series?
A few of my favorites are Peaky Blinders, Ozark, Catastrophe and Flea Bag.
What is your favorite travel destination you have visited?
Definitely Positano or Isle de Re or Lourmarin.
Follow up question - what is a dream destination you would like to visit?
Greece, best kept secret island. I avoid touristy spots and if I must visit a place like Paris, Rome, Positano or the south of France I like to go in the shoulder season when it's not too crowded.
High waisted, raw-edge, wide-legged work pants with a tissue weight button-up. If it is cold out I love to pair my favorite pants with an oversized sweater and combat boots and if it is hot with sandals or my favorite clogs.
Did you make a 2020 resolution? If so, what was it?
To show more gratitude and appreciate the small moments in life.
Your go-to recipe?
I have a lovely meatball recipe I have adapted over the years. I love to make this for any family occasion! Also, the Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking - by Marcella Hazan is my go-to cookbook. My favorite recipes from the book are: Lentil Soup (pg.99)
Split Green Pea Soup (pg. 98)
Swiss Chard (pg. 561)
Pot Roast in Red Wine (pg. 393)
Tomato Sauce with Onion & Butter (pg. 152)
Beauty tip that you think every girl should know?
Michele's Top 10 Things She Can't Live Without:
- Maria Veronique Vitamins C, E + Ferulic Acid Serum - Maria Veronique is my favorite skincare line.
- Ouai shampoo, conditioner and wave spray - These are my hair essentials.
- Gold Earrings - I wear these daily.
- Malin + Goetz Lip Moisturizer - This lip balm is an absolute necessity!
- Citizens of Humanity Slim Boyfriend Jean - It feels like the hunt for the perfect jean is always ongoing but this pair has such a lovely and flattering silhouette.
- Caddis Blue Light Blocking Glasses - I think it's really important to protect your eyes while in front of a screen.
- Domi Cotton Dress - I love easy slip dresses when traveling in the summertime.
- These Classic Vans - These are my go-to sneakers!
- Jenni Kayne Cashmere Fisherman Sweater - I'll be reaching for this sweater as soon as temperatures begin to drop in northern California.
- These Freda Salvador boots - These boots are so versatile and can be worn dressed up or dressed down.
Michele's chosen non-profit is Every Mother Counts. Read about our partnership with Pledge, an organization that allows us to donate a portion of each sale to ten causes, each one chosen by one of our team members. >