Meet the Team | India
What makes Elsie Green special is our people. We've got a few former corporate executives, a floral designer, an event producer, a former accountant, and a vintage collector. But we're all shopkeepers at heart, manning the packing table, giving our signature brand of extraordinarily personal service in the shop, traveling the French countryside looking for pretty things, and playing with the merchandise all day.
Meet India, our operations assistant and one of the newest members of our team. She loves spending time outdoors and with her family when she is not at the shop. Read along to get to know more about India and stop by the shops to see her to say hi!
Favorite way to spend free time?
Long walks on the beach, hiking, skiing & paddle boarding. In the summer I love canning all the things I grow in the garden. My sister and I put on an annual charity event around the holidays which takes a lot of prep and we have the best time getting ready for that in our spare time. For quiet time I love to paint.
What are you reading right now?
Where The Crawdads Sing….my mom, sister and everyone at Elsie Green recommended it.
What is your all time favorite movie?
Hands down The Wizard of Oz——scared me beyond when I was a little girl but grew to love it and every time I watch it I see something I didn’t see the time before. I have to mention that I recently watched the Downton Abbey series for the first time and with my career and background in Fashion & Interior Design I was captivated! The costumes and set designs are impeccable!!
Favorite travel destination you have visited?
Paris, of course! The city feels like home to me. But truly it’s wherever I am traveling. I love to travel, embrace all the history, art and architecture, culture, markets, people and food no matter where I am. In the USA—Nantucket is a great place to visit with so much history, a must see!
A follow up question - what is a dream destination you'd like to visit next?
Anywhere I haven’t been….but really look forward to Marrakech and India someday soon…via Paris of course!
Nothing better than a pair of comfy worn jeans and a big sweater. And flip flops in the summer.
India's Top 10 Things She Can't Live Without:
- Countersun Daily Sheer Defense for Face SPF - I always keep this in my car!
- Beauty Counter Instant Eye Makeup Remover - my trusted makeup remover for getting off all of my mascara.
- Chuck Taylor All Star Shoreline Slip in White - My favorite sneakers to pair with jeans, shorts, or dresses.
- Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream - I love this product for the all natural ingredients.
- RE:UNITE Silky:Smooth Starter Kit - my secret to silky smooth hair!
- Calvin Klein Obsession Eau de Parfum - my one and only favorite perfume.
- S'well Original Water Bottle - I never leave home without two of these everyday.
- Acure Brilliantly Brightening Facial Scrub
- Grove Co. Hydrating Hand Sanitizer Spray - I love the blood orange scent!
- Botanical Castille Liquid Soap