Emilijan Vintage Rug
- Made in Demirci, Turkey
- 100% wool pile on cotton foundation
- 6'1" | 9'5"
- Low pile (approx. .2")
- Color palette: coral, sage gray, pale sage gray
Why you'll love it
This rug was made in Demirci, one of the most established handmade carpet production centers in all of Turkey. Rugs from this area can be distinguished by their coarse knots woven onto a cotton foundation, usually depicting a simple Persian motif.
- A series of repeating medallions fill out the field in balanced, ornamental details
- Floral motifs are a staple in rug design—showing up in a variety of styles including natural, abstract, and geometric
- A larger border is flanked by two smaller borders
A crosshatched fade from gentle wear over time produces a soft, distressed look, muting the original color palette. Age-related wear and natural inconsistencies are inherent in unique, handcrafted vintage rugs unbound by mass production.