Snedis Vintage Rug
- Made in Dimerci, Turkey
- 100% wool pile on cotton foundation
- 5'11" | 8'9"
- Low pile (approx. .2")
- Color palette: royal blue, bone beige, sandstone, slate gray, pale sage gray, blush beige
Demirci is one of the most established handmade carpet production centers in all of Turkey. Rugs from this area can be distinguished by their coarse knots woven onto a cotton foundation, usually depicting a simple Persian motif.
- A central medallion anchors the motif to a center focal point from which the design blooms out and is balanced by complementary design elements
- Classic and timeless Persian motifs feature intricate patterns and floral designs, all framed by a border
- Twin pendants flank a central medallion
- The corners of the rug are heavily ornate
- A crosshatched fade from gentle wear over time produces a soft, distressed look, muting the original color palette
- A larger border is flanked by two smaller borders
Wool is the most widely used fiber in Turkish rug design. Not only is it plentiful in supply, it’s durable, long-lasting, and soft—so it’s super comfy to walk and relax on. This wool pile is knotted onto a cotton foundation, another popular choice in rug design. The cotton used is rigid, strong, and provides a sturdy foundation that’s designed to last a lifetime—or ten.