Cecilio Vintage Rug
- 100% wool pile on cotton foundation
- Dimensions: 4'1" x 12'3"
- Low pile: approximately 0.2"
- Color palette: salmon pink, sage gray, sandstone, walnut brown
- A variation of motifs—simple, tribal, bold, and colorful—all hailing from the Anatolian region (modern-day Turkey)
- Lined with a repeating set of five medallions to create multiple points of visual interest and direction
- Classic and timeless Persian motifs feature intricate patterns and floral designs, all framed by a border
Region of Origin
Sille, a village in central Turkey near Konya, is known for its wide runners that feature Anatolian patterns with repeating geometric medallions—commonly woven with distinctive red or coral warps and wefts.
Wool is the most widely used fiber in Turkish rug design. Not only is it plentiful in supply, it’s durable, long-lasting, and soft—so it’s super comfy to walk and relax on. This wool pile is knotted onto a cotton foundation, another popular choice in rug design. The cotton used is rigid, strong, and provides a sturdy foundation that’s designed to last a lifetime—or ten.