Blerina Vintage Rug
- Made in Demirci, Turkey
- 100% wool pile on cotton foundation
- 6' | 11'1"
- Low pile (approx. .2")
- Color palette: sandstone, navy, bone beige
Why you'll love it
Demirci is one of the most established handmade carpet production centers in all of Turkey. Rugs from this area can be distinguished by their coarse knots woven onto a cotton foundation, usually depicting a simple Persian motif.
- A variation of motifs—simple, tribal, bold, and colorful—all hailing from the Anatolian region (modern-day Turkey)
- Lined with a repeating set of five medallions to create multiple points of visual interest and direction
- A geometric, step-like pattern which expresses the primitive, artisanal qualities of weaving from nomadic cultures
- Typically associated with the Yoruk nomads of Anatolia, these latch-hook ornaments are believed to protect against sources of danger—including ill will, wild animals, and natural disasters
A crosshatched fade from gentle wear over time produces a soft, distressed look, muting the original color palette.
Read about our partnership with Pledge, an organization that allows us to donate a portion of each sale to ten causes, each one chosen by one of our team members. >