Atmane Vintage Rug
- Made in Malayta, Turkey
- 100% wool pile on cotton foundation
- 3'7" | 11'7"
- Low pile (approx. .2")
- Color palette: sandstone, walnut brown
Why you'll love it
This rug was made in Malayta, an area in central Anatolia known for its coarsely knotted rugs and geometric designs woven by Kurdish tribes.
- A variation of motifs—simple, tribal, bold, and colorful—all hailing from the Anatolian region (modern-day Turkey)
- Lined with a repeating set of five medallions to create multiple points of visual interest and direction
- A geometric, step-like pattern which expresses the primitive, artisanal qualities of weaving from nomadic cultures
- Typically associated with the Yoruk nomads of Anatolia, these latch-hook ornaments are believed to protect against sources of danger—including ill will, wild animals, and natural disasters
A crosshatched fade from gentle wear over time produces a soft, distressed look, muting the original color palette.
Read about our partnership with Pledge, an organization that allows us to donate a portion of each sale to ten causes, each one chosen by one of our team members. >