Alexander Vintage Rug
- Made in Sille, Turkey
- 100% wool pile on cotton foundation
- 4'7" | 12'3"
- Low pile (approx. .2")
- Color palette: dark dusty rose pink, navy, pale sage gray, sandstone
Age-related wear and natural inconsistencies are inherent in these unique, handcrafted vintage rugs which are unbound by mass production.
Why you'll love it
This rug was made in Sille, a village in central Turkey near Konya, is known for its wide runners that feature Anatolian patterns with repeating geometric medallions—commonly woven with distinctive red or coral warps and wefts.
- Lined with a repeating set of five medallions to create multiple points of visual interest and direction
- Floral motifs are a staple in rug design—showing up in a variety of styles including natural, abstract, and geometric
- A simple, but classic design—zig-zag patterns represent water as a vital element in life
A crosshatched fade from gentle wear over time produces a soft, distressed look, muting the original color palette.