Ahuva Vintage Rug
- One-of-a-kind vintage rug
- 100% wool pile on cotton foundation
- Dimensions: 3'11" x 12'3"
- Low pile: approximately 0.2"
- Color palette: crimson red, navy, dove gray
- A variation of motifs—simple, tribal, bold, and colorful—all hailing from the Anatolian region (modern-day Turkey)
- Lined with a repeating set of three medallions to create multiple points of visual interest and direction
- Typically associated with the Yoruk nomads of Anatolia, these latch-hook ornaments are believed to protect against sources of danger—including ill will, wild animals, and natural disasters
- Artisanal and tribal, geometric designs feature angular edges and simple shapes—like diamonds, squares, lattices, and stylized animals
- A crosshatched fade from gentle wear over time produces a soft, distressed look, muting the original color palette
Malatya, found in central Anatolia, is known for its coarsely knotted rugs and geometric designs woven by Kurdish tribes.