Meet the Team | Sepi
What makes Elsie Green special is our people. We've got a few former corporate executives, a floral designer, a former interior designer, and a vintage collector. But we're all shopkeepers at heart, manning the packing table, giving our signature brand of extraordinarily personal service in the shop, traveling the French countryside looking for pretty things, and playing with the merchandise all day.
Meet Sepi, our Marketing Manager. She manages our editorial partnerships, our social media channels and Etcetera, the Elsie Green blog. She's an avid home cook, food lover, traveler and San Francisco explorer. Read on to get to know her better and stop by the Concord shop to say hi.
Favorite way to spend your free time?
Definitely a day spent at the park or riding my bike around SF; It's such a fun way to see the city! We live near Golden Gate Park in San Francisco and feel really lucky to have this beautiful public space so close by. The park is filled with meadows perfect for throwing down a blanket for a picnic or reading. I also love going to the farmers market on the weekend. Our favorite bakery is right around the corner from the Clement Street Farmers Market and bribing my husband with a chocolate croissant is the only way I can get him to go!
What are you reading right now?
I am currently reading Salt Houses by Hala Alyan.
What is your all time favorite movie?
Please don't make me pick just one! Not possible. My favorite films make me laugh, cry, influence my fashion and styling choices, transport me to another time and place, inspire me to travel and I can watch them repeatedly without ever tiring of them. Here are a few that I absolutely love:
Favorite travel destination you've visited?
My husband and I traveled to Italy for our honeymoon and while we were there we visited Rome, the Amalfi Coast and Puglia. We both fell in love with Italy but agreed that Puglia was extra special - it was raw, authentic and the energy in the warm summer air was electric. The food, architecture, people and the pace...everything about it was perfect.
Sicily! Clearly Italy left a mark and I'd love nothing more than to get lost in other regions and cities of the country. I'd like to spend two weeks in Sicily during the summertime, exploring its beautiful baroque cities and swimming in the mediterranean!
More often than not I find myself reaching for my perfectly worn in denim, a white t-shirt and my Adidas Sambas. Layer on some delicate chains and charms around the neck and rings on the hands and this is my ideal look. In the summertime, it's all about linen sets like this one from Jenni Kayne, slip dresses, and espadrilles. I keep things pretty simple. I also try not to follow clothing trends too closely because I feel like timeless pieces are the best investments and have realized that my favorite items of clothing are items that I have owned for a few years which I continue to pull and feel most like myself in.
My top 10 things I can't live without:
- Avene Revitalizing Nourishing Cream - I love everything from Avene and use this moisturizer daily.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir Face Mist - Every time I use this mist it feels like a mini indulgence and spa experience.
- Aquaphor Lip Repair - I keep one in my purse, one in my car and one somewhere around our apartment at all times.
- Mac Lipstick in Velvet Teddy - This is the lip color I wore on my wedding day and now I use it almost daily as my cheek color!
- Acne Studios Canada Scarf - Everyone needs this scarf. It's so soft and is great for traveling because it can double as a blanket on a plane.
- 32oz Hydroflask - Don't go anywhere without it!
- Kinto To Go Tumbler - I'm a daily coffee drinker and this to-go tumbler has helped me minimize my use of single use cups.
- Suratt Releveé Lash Curler - On the days that I opt to go without mascara this lash curler is my best friend.
- Diptyque Rose Scented Candle - This is my favorite scent for our home. It's definitely a splurge item but I think it is worth it.
- My High Top Converse - A classic that compliments nearly any outfit.
Find Sepi on Instagram at @sepijaan and stop by the shop to say hello!
Sepi's chosen non-profit is the Room to Read.