What makes Elsie Green special is our people. We've got a few former corporate executives, a floral designer, an event producer, a former accountant, and a vintage collector. But we're all shopkeepers at heart, manning the packing table, giving our signature brand of extraordinarily personal service in the shop, traveling the French countryside looking for pretty things, and playing with the merchandise all day.
Kelsey is our Director of Marketing and Partnerships. She heads up all of our public relations, partnerships with stylists/bloggers/photographers as well as magazine and print placements. During the week, you can find her snapping away for Instagram in the shop or doing early morning Flower Mart runs for upcoming photoshoots. On the weekends, you can find her at the local farmers market with her husband, the dog park with her two bulldogs or at home in her garden pruning her rose bushes.
Surprise! Shopping spree, where do you go?:
My favorite thing right now is an Instagram account that my friend introduced me to, @noihsafvintage. I adore vintage clothing and this curated vintage account has the coolest stuff from vintage lovers across the US. To the dismay of my husband, I find myself scrolling through their feed everyday and bidding on all of the new treasures. "Hi, my name is Kelsey and I am a shopaholic."
Favorite Instagrammer right now:
This is so hard. Instagram is such an inspiring place and I am constantly stumbling on new (to me) accounts that influence my wardrobe, home decor and even what I am making for dinner that night.
My favorite Instagrammer right now has to be @botanicalsandbillie. Anne is a teacher from Amsterdam, currently living in Barcelona. Her home is full of the coolest houseplants, her sweet daughters and of course, her kitty, Billie. Being a houseplant addict myself, I can't get enough of her beautifully tiled floors and exotic house plants. #goals
Number one place on your travel list:
I have been begging my husband to go to Morocco. I've seen photos of a whole town there that is painted entirely in shades of blue that I am dying to see. Unfortunately, Morocco isn't very high on his list so I am hoping we can compromise with Japan or even Copenhagen.
Favorite Elsie Green find:
My favorite thing of all time is my massive black Napoleon mirror that Laurie and JP found for me in France as a wedding gift last year. Leaning against the wall in my bedroom, it is the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing I see before I go to sleep. It's almost as tall as me!
- Bryr clogs - these are a forever favorite!
- Le Labo Santal 33 Eue de Parfum - this has been my go-to scent for years.
- Thayers Witch Hazel Facial Toner - I use this daily!
- Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer - I love that this tinted moisturizer has SPF.
- YETI Water Bottle - I never, ever leave home without my canteen.
- Vitruvi Stone Diffuser - this + my favorite essential oil.
- Janessa Leone Nico Raffia Visor - the perfect hat for gardening.
- Freda Salvador Tavi Suede Boots - these boots are so versatile and perfect for all seasons. I love pairing them with vintage denim or a pretty dress!
- Girlfriend Collective High Waist Bike Shorts - I'm all in on the bike short trend.
- My White Secret Charcoal Biodegradable Dental Floss - practical and eco-friendly!
Find her on Instagram: @kelseyleeschmidt. Come meet Kelsey at the shop - she's there Monday through Friday. She'll be the one pounding espressos and merchandising branches in vintage vessels (her favorite task).