Meet the Team | Kelsey
What makes Elsie Green special is our people. We've got a few former corporate executives, a floral designer, an event producer, a former accountant, and a vintage collector. But we're all shopkeepers at heart, manning the packing table, giving our signature brand of extraordinarily personal service in the shop, traveling the French countryside looking for pretty things, and playing with the merchandise all day.
Kelsey is our Director of Marketing and Partnerships. She heads up all of our public relations, partnerships with stylists/bloggers/photographers as well as magazine and print placements. She also captures all of the beautiful images you see on our site. During the week, you can find her photographing vintage treasures for the Elsie Green website or doing early morning Flower Mart runs for upcoming photoshoots. On the weekends, you can find her at the local farmers market, the dog park with her adorable son and two bulldogs, or at home nurturing her beautiful flower garden.
Favorite way to spend your free time?
I feel my absolute best in a comfy chair in my garden reading a book that I can't tear myself away from.
What are you reading at the moment?
I am currently reading The Huntress by Kate Quinn. It is a suspenseful mystery based during World War II. One of my favorite books of all time is Kate Quinn's 'The Alice Network,' and this novel is just as good.
What is your all time favorite movie?
Oh gosh - I am a sucker for any Nancy Meyers romcom. I never get tired of them. My favorite is 'It's Complicated' with Meryl Streep.
Favorite destination you have visited?
I have so, so many on my list. My mother took me along on all of her worldly adventures. Our favorite trips together were Thailand and the Western coast of Italy.
A follow up question - What is a dream destination you would like to visit?
My recent trip to Morocco was an unforgettable experience. I loved getting lost tin the alleys of the blue city of Chefchaouen which I had been dreaming about visiting for year.
What is your go-to recipe?
I am not the best cook but I love to bake. My go-to is Alison Roman's turmeric lemon cake. It is always a crowd pleaser!
Beauty tip that you think ever girl should know?
WEAR SUNSCREEN EVERYDAY! I am very intense about keeping my skin out of the sun. That was a tip that my mother instilled in me at a very young age. My current favorite is Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen.
- Bryr clogs - these are a forever favorite!
- Le Labo Santal 33 Eue de Parfum - this has been my go-to scent for years.
- Thayers Witch Hazel Facial Toner - I use this daily!
- Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer - I love that this tinted moisturizer has SPF.
- YETI Water Bottle - I never, ever leave home without my canteen.
- Vitruvi Stone Diffuser - this + my favorite essential oil.
- Janessa Leone Raffia Visor - the perfect hat for gardening.
- Freda Salvador Ace Boots - these boots are so versatile and perfect for all seasons. I love pairing them with vintage denim or a pretty dress!
- Girlfriend Collective High Waist Bike Shorts - I'm all in on the bike short trend.
- My White Secret Charcoal Biodegradable Dental Floss - practical and eco-friendly!
Find Kelsey on Instagram: @kelseyleeschmidt. Come meet Kelsey at the shop - she's there Monday through Friday. She'll be the one pounding espressos and merchandising branches in vintage vessels (her favorite task).
Kelsey's chosen non-profit is the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Read about our partnership with Pledge, an organization that allows us to donate a portion of each sale to ten causes, each one chosen by one of our team members. >