Hydrate From Within
I via I
Hydration, hydration, hydration. It is the key to looking and feeling your best. And although we are devoted to hydrating our skin from the outside in, it important to also commit to yourself to hydrating from the inside out.
Our best tip, make drinking water fun! Add natural flavours to your water and get a reusable water bottle you love. Be intentional about the foods you eat, incorporating lots of fruits and vegetables with high water contents, and stay away from unnecessary added salt.
We like to add citrus fruits or cucumber and mint to our water. Citrus water, namely lemon, lime and orange, gives us an added boost of Vitamin C, and a little extra flavour. Squeeze a wedge into your water, then leave a few slices in to soak. Similarly, we like to squeeze a bit of lime into our mint and cucumber water, then let the mint leaves and cucumber slices soak. This helps the added antioxidants dissolve into the water.
Forget diamonds, a reusable water bottle is a girls best friend. We prefer ones that keep your water cold all day long, and have a straw so we can sip them at our desks. Here are a few for you to choose from.
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 veggie bouillon cube – roughly chopped up
- 1/4 red bell pepper – finely diced
- 1/2 cucumber – peeled and seeded – finely diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes – sliced in half
- 2 tbsp red onion – minced
- 1 handful of parsley – minced
- 10 olives – roughly chopped
- 2 oz feta – diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil + 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey – a small squeeze
- 8 twists of black pepper from a pepper mill
- A pinch of salt
- Heat a sauce pan over medium heat and add one tsp of olive oil. Once the oil is warm, add couscous and stir for a minute or two until Israeli couscous is slightly toasted.
- Add 1 cup of water and the chopped up bouillon cube.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer couscous as instructed on the package.
- Dice red pepper and cucumber so that they are roughly the same size. Then add them to a large bowl.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and add to the other vegetables in the bowl.
- Mince parsley and red onion, then add them to the vegetables in the bowl.
- Roughly chop olives and add to the bowl.
- Dice feta cheese and set a side.
- Whisk olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, black pepper and salt together.
- When the couscous is ready, add to a fine mesh sieve and rinse so that the couscous cools.
- Add couscous to the bowl of vegetables, then toss to with dressing.
- Gently combine the feta, then serve.